Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More Updates...

Wow... I blog about as well as I used to journal!  I thought I would be better at it.  It is easy and doesn't take much time, but I just don't seem to get it done very regularly.  Apparently it doesn't top my priority list.  Too bad... I thought it would be so neat to be able to print these off for the Crew one day.

Anyhow.
November and December came and went all too quickly.  We are now working through January so I guess it's about time for my quarterly post.  Ha.ha.

I can't remember much about November to tell you the truth.
December found us mostly at home and buried in one snow storm after another.  A good amount of snow also.  Just as we would start to see bare ground again we would get hit by another one.  Add in a few cold spells which resulted in very slow melting off, lots of ice breaking for the cows and feeding hay and some more hay.
We started the month off with some sort of flu bug which brought on some respiratory distress and landed Squirt in the ER one night for some steroids.  That bug made it's rounds to the whole family and that combined with all the feeding and such pretty much grounded us to home for the whole month.
Sadly we missed church Christmas day as we were feeding all that day also... but at least we were together!
The Crew have been a huge help feeding!  With all the guys split up and feeding on seperate parts of the ranch, the Crew really made a big difference.  It is just amazing how much they are growing up and all that they can do!  They wish they could do it full time, and through part of December they did, but now we are back to focussing on schoolwork.

January came and so did a birthday to a now 12 year old girl!  I can't believe I have a 12 year old daughter now!  Wow is all I can say.  Time passes so quickly.  Cowgirl is such a lovely young lady.  She has such a love for animals.  She is very responsible and sometimes a bit bossy.  Very protective of her animals!  She loves to ride, likes to do her chores and enjoys fussing over her animals.  She will definitely give you trouble if you even dare look wrong at her animals, let along mention them in any sort of negative sentence.  Even if you don't think the sentence is negative... she will and she will let you know about it too!

Squirt is growing and changing.  Can't believe my little guy is 2 1/2 now.  He is doing very well.  Haven't had any more allergic reactions and he is sleeping through the night!  Wouldn't you figure that I am the one not sleeping through the night now?!  We have dropped the coconut milk for now and just have him on almond milk.  We were suspecting it was giving him trouble a couple months back and dropped it.  Now that he is doing so well I need to add it back in and see how it goes.  But personally I am enjoying this time.  I hadn't really been pushing the potty thing with him at all, as I really think it is so much easier to encourage them but let them set the pace.  But during November and December he really picked up interest and is pretty well potty trained now and wears his little undies during the daytime.  So that went extremely well!

I want to write down a few of his favorite words before he figures out how to say them correctly.  I don't ever remember the other kids having their own jargon at this age.  We continue to urge him to use the proper words, but he still insists on his version.  Here are a few I can think of right now:

"Moiset" (sounds like "joy -set" except with a M.  Been saying it since before he was 1.  Says "No moiset" all the time.  We figure it means "more that".  When he says this, he puts his hands in the air and shrugs his shoulders too! 

"Tsssss"  This means thank you.  He says it all the time and won't be satisfied until you look him in the eye and say "you're welcome".  Then he nods his head and is satisfied.  ha.ha.

"Wanna" This is what he uses for both water and soda.  Simple as that.

"Nanna"  This is what he calls candy.  We have used skittles as an incentive during potty training. 

"Mimi"  This is what he calls his sister.  He came up with it all on his own and we think it is so cute.

"T"  This is what we came up with for Pistol's nickname.  Pistol and Cowboy were a bit jealous that Mimi had a name that Squirt could say, so we came up with these.

"We" This is the name that we came up with for Cowboy's nickname.  He is constantly saying things like, "Mimi, We, T... EAT"!!  He likes to call them for mealtime.

"Pa-Pa"  (rhymes with Da-Da not Papa). What he calls his pacifier.  He has never been much into pacifiers, but he likes to hold them... yes 4 of them at night and will sometimes put one in his mouth for a little while. 

"Ba-Ba" what he calls his sippy cup of milk.

"Mice"  This is what he calls himself.. Ha.ha!  My other kids always used their names and then later would use My or I when talking, but he has always called himself Mice.  Mice Ba-ba, Mice Nana.

When I tell him I love him, he gives me this sweet smile and nods his head a few times... like... ya Momma... I know you do!

When he says, "Sorry" he thinks the other person has to say sorry also and will continue repeating it until you say it back.

"Die"  for Bye.  When you tell him ,"Bye", he will say "Die... See Ya!"  And will repeat it until you tell him the same.

"Dona" with a long O.  This is what he named the Father Murphy series that we were watching on Netflix.  He really liked it and still asks about Dona!

"Mo-da" this means clean-up.  No idea where he got it from, but he uses it very regularly.

I will add more as I think of them!!  He cracks us up with his special jargon.

No comments:

Get This 4 Column Template Here
Get More Templates Here