Saturday, October 29, 2011

Another missing item...

Oh look... it's another post in October.... that makes TWO... wow I am on a roll!

Anyhow.....back to subject...

Missing items drive me C R A Z Y !!  And ... well, when you have children in the house things seem to go missing frequently. Some people don't get too worked up about a little insignificant item that isn't in it's place (my husband is one of those people) and others... well... others just can't seem to sleep at night with the thought of something missing clogging up their thoughts.  Ok I used to be that way, but trust me not much keeps me from sleeping at night these days... well except for the toddler that stays up til midnight more nights than not.  But I do waste too many of my brain cells thinking about things like this and I just don't like that either!  So anyhow, back on subject again (my husband reminds me that I get off topic too easily... I tell him I just like to multi task =) )

I found my missing bananas last night.  They have been missing for exactly one week!  I was getting very nervous.  The thought of rotten, sludgy, stinky bananas lurking somewhere around the house was really getting to me.  It was a FULL bag also, not just a few.  We bought them last Friday during our grocery trip.  I didn't even miss them until mid week when Squirt requested a banana and then I remembered that yes, we had bananas... somewhere...but where were they?

Maybe still at the store?  No, I hadn't left them at the store, as I clearly remember that all the kids enjoyed a banana on the ride home that afternoon as they often do.

Maybe left in the vehicle?  No, I searched the vehicle and cleaned it out well... no bananas.

Several full living room / kitchen / pantry searches came up empty-handed.

A few more days went by with still no idea where the now possibly spoiling bananas were hiding.

Until last night.  I was becoming desperate.  I backtracked to last Friday and went over the scenario again.  Got home... big boys unloaded groceries into house.....  Squirt transported the sacks into the kitchen and pantry with his Tonka truck.... I unloaded said groceries.  

But wait!  There was a cooler involved.  I always take a cooler to town to bring back Squirt's almond milk and anything cold/frozen as we live a half hour from town.  Ok... getting warmer... and when I don't have very much cold stuff, then I tend to put veggies and fruits in there also === like bananas === BINGO!

Checked the cooler and sure enough there was my full and now quite ripe bag full of bananas.  Banana bread is on the menu for today I guess. 

Of course that doesn't end the list of missing items at our house.  But at least most of the things that go missing so often or stay missing forever don't have the potential of being such a disaster! 

I can't tell you how many hours we have logged searching under couches and beds looking for missing pacifiers.  I have kept all of Squirts pacis on paci holders which does make them much easier to find.  I have bought multiples of the same color and attatched them to the same holder.  But Squirt has inherited some of my OCD ways and he has to have the Same exact paci every night.

I spent a half hour looking for one of our netlix movies last night for my late night movie with Squirt.  Came up empty handed!

A few months back Ty bought two printer cartridges for our printer that takes 5 individual tanks.  Well they were the wrong kind, and I didn't even open them so that we could take them back to the store.  I figured Squirt would open them if he saw them, so I put them in a special place.  I remember thinking ... oh, I hope I don't forget where I put them, but I thought no way could I forget this it is very obvious!  Ya... I still haven't found them.  $20 something worth of printer ink somewhere in the house.  I have looked Many times.

I have gotten better over the years with just letting it go sometimes.  But it still drives me nuts when I can't find something and I suppose it always will.

1 comment:

Cheryl Summers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Get This 4 Column Template Here
Get More Templates Here